What Exactly are Shared Hosting Solutions?
A shared hosting solution refers to hoarding and/or sharing particular web content on a server managed by a shared hosting company. There are different varieties of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's have a look at them. Doing so, you can elect what you need, based on whether you wish to establish a web page, e-mail addresses, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
Unlimited websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
11 websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
- File hosting: a service provided by various companies, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting solutions are often supported by showing ads next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a certain span of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud shared hosting". This is a thoroughly fallacious explanation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud shared hosting platform would divide the load between individual bunches of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various shared hosting services (mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a type of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific vendors provide a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting kind is good if you desire to share an immense amount of pics with pals or acquaintances since the service is commonly free of charge. You will obtain a random link for each and every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your mail address accounts. Some companies provide shared hosting services for websites, but do not offer an e-mail service. If you desire to set up an email address with your domain name but do not wish to have a site, then the email shared hosting solution is what you require. You can create email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domain name. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of videos and a few hundred site visitors, you may have trouble with your shared hosting reserves. Embedding the video will enable you to manage as many videos as you wish without hassling about system resources.
- Shared hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to have a web site. To a certain extent, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and email addresses, upload videos, etc. At Hepsia you can take a glimpse at shared shared hosting and dedicated server services that allow you to get all of the abovementioned services in a single location. There may be limitations depending on the sort of shared hosting service that you've chosen - a free web hosting package, a paid shared web hosting account, a virtual private servers or a dedicated server. Based on that, your shared hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the typical email/file/video/image hosting packages that are tailored for specific web content only.